Custom Player Heads
After Minecraft version 1.8.4, getting custom player heads was made far more cumbersome – but it is still possible. Here’s how to do it:
- Make sure you have a backup of your skin. If you don’t, get one by downloading your skin file here, for instance.
- Go here.
- Log in (upper right-hand corner).
- Click the profile link in the top navigation bar.
- Upload the skin file you want to make a custom player head from.
- Type your minecraft name into this box and hit the button.
Copy this command:
It gives you a custom player head with your current skin texture. That head will always look the same, even if you change your skin! Note that due to Mojang server restrictions, this utility can only be used once per 30 seconds.
To make more than one head, just change your skin and hit the Submit button again.
Don’t forget to change your skin back when you’re done!
If you’re unsure what to do – check out the Video Tutorial.